Welcome to my blog

I am a part-time painter, I try to learn and to enjoy. I live in Switzerland near Geneva overlooking the vineyards with Lac Léman below and Mont Blanc beyond, some 80km away - so there is plenty to paint. In the last few years I have tried a variety of subjects, searching for my theme. I think it is water – ocean waves in particular fascinate me.


This blog is initially organised more a series of themes rather than a periodic painting exhibit but I guess that is what it will eventually become. Please feel free to email me at mike.cockerell@gmail.com.


Mike Cockerell



Thursday 5 July 2018

6. Odds & ends



                        Good friends (car & driver): oil on canvas 40x30, Ref. 167.16



                                   Tiger Moth: watercolour 32x24, Ref P194.17

Cherry blossom: watercolour  23x18, Ref. P91.10



Illusion (trial): oil on wood 60x60, Ref. 161.15
Candle-light: oil on canvas20x24, Ref. P70.11